Germs, Germs, Everywhere there are germs!
We want to be rid of anything that causes us to be sick. “The global Disinfectant Products market is forecast to grow at a rate of 7.1% from USD 17.93 billion in 2019 to USD 30.11 billion in 2027.“
With this focus on infection and getting rid of what causes infection, we need to consider this concept with an eternal perspective.
In this article, I want to help us to see sin is the real infectant we need to be dis’ed from; to make known the only effective disinfectant; and to provide a prayer we can daily pray to get rid of all infectants.
The Real Infectant
Sin is the real infectant. It is what pays with death. “The wages of sin is death.” (Romans 6:23). It is what separates us from God and His high standard. “For all have sinned and fall short of God’s glory.” (Romans 3:23)
The Only Effective Disinfectant
The hymn, Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus, speaks well to the only cleansing agent that takes away our “infectant”.
The Prayer To Pray
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:24-25
- Search me – Turn the light on. 1 John 1:7 as we walk in the light as Jesus is in the light, just being with Him in His presence will cleanse us from all sin.
- Know me – Change my inner man and thinking. Mark 1:15 says we should repent (change our mind) and believe the gospel (Jesus is the only way to be disinfected from sin).
- Try me – Test my endurance to stay close to God. James 1:2 says we should be joyful when we have hard times to go through because they are ensuring we’ll endure.
- Inspect me – Make sure I have nothing of decay. Job 23:10 enables us to pray for a thorough inspection by trial so that we will have an end result of worth and value.
- Lead me – Guide me day by day in truth. John 16:13 explains the Spirit of God uses the word of God to guide us in the reality of life here and forever.
This is not an encouragement to stop buying household disinfectants. It is an encouragement to put some attention on the eternal disinfectant necessary to be free from sin, cleansed from corruption, and day by day be led to everlasting life.
Written By: Anne Gurley