Have you ever said, “I’d do what God wanted me to do if I just knew what it was”? Then someone picks up the big black book (Bible) and says, “it’s all in here”. Still, you remain unsure of what to do.
You read in the book of James where God says to be a faithful doer of the Word, but you are at a loss of what to do. Consider implementing these four steps in your daily reading of God’s Word to be a faithful doer.
- Hear – Read God’s Word regularly. Ask of the passage you’re reading, What is God Saying?
- Learn – Understand God’s Word. Ask of the passage you’re reading, What do I understand about God, His Ways, and myself?
- Observe/Keep – Watch God’s Word. Ask of the passage you’re reading, What do I see about God’s plan, purpose, and pleasure?
- Do – Do God’s Word. Ask of the passage you’re reading, What do I do based on what I’ve heard, learned, and seen?
When you regularly take these 4 steps, you will be a faithful doer of God’s Word.
Begin today being a faithful doer of God’s Word by:
- Choosing a passage of Scripture.
- Marking a journal page into 4 columns
- Identify each column – HEAR, LEARN, OBSERVE, DO
- Read the passage and write down in each column what you HEAR, LEARN, OBSERVE, and DO
- Faithfully do the “DO”.
Reference Scripture: Deuteronomy 5:1 – And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.