Are you distracted with things you care about? Does your worry cause for you . . .
Inability to Focus
- Your thoughts easily wander away from the task in front of you.
- You lack ability to be decisive in the choices you make.
Lack of Motivation
- You feel stuck, and unable to move forward.
- Your thoughts of inadequacy in life block your progress.
- You are paralyzed from making a decision because of your racing thoughts.
- You have an unsettled state of being.
You’re not alone
60 percent of U.S. adults are feeling daily stress and worry
What the world says helps . . .
- Staying connected with friends and family through phone calls, emails, video chats and the like.
- Getting some exercise and being outdoors if possible.
- Taking steps to stay relaxed, such as through yoga, meditation or deep-breathing exercises.
. . . according to the Washington Post.
Jesus said this about peace (John 14:27) . . .
Peace I leave
Peace of mind, a wholeness with no distraction I send to you.
My peace I give
My quietness and rest, free-dom from anxiety I present to you.
Not as the world gives
The peace I give is not as the inhabitants of the world gives to you.
because of this . . .Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Jesus’ Command . . .
Let your thoughts be focused – Find a focal point for your thoughts. Let the way you make decisions be pre-determined so there’s no doubt of what you must do.
Move forward with certainty – Be clear about what you must do, set out to do it, and don’t look in any other direction.
Be in a state of calm – Practice thought patterns and attitudes that are slow, mild, unharsh, and soothing.
RECOMMENDED THOUGHTS, WORDS, AND ACTIONS . . .
Untroubledness – calm, contentment, delight, health, order, peace, pleasure, tranquility
Unfearfulness – bold, brave, collected, confident, courageous, pleasant
Worry free living is possible because of (John 14:26) . . . Jesus left you, gave you, and God provided for you the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is your Helper, close companion who comes along side you to help you navigate all of life. – AND – Provides guidance by helping you remember the teaching in the Word of God and knowing what is meant in the Word of God.
PRACTICAL HELP TO LIVE WORRY FREE – Philippians 4:4-7
What happens when you practice worry free living?
- You are not distracted by your cares.
- You are choosing to focus on God rather than your cares.
- You replace your need to “fix” things with a request for God to work all things out for you.
- Your thoughts are no longer distorted and distracted instead they are grateful to God
know God is with you
pray and ask
YOU HAVE THE PEACE OF GOD THAT
Surpasses all comprehension – Beyond what seems reasonable or expected, in thought, feeling, or behavior.
Guards your heart – Puts up a defense around the affective center of your being, what you desire, and your emotions.
Guards your mind – Actively protects your thoughts and who you are – watching in advance for harmful and hurtful things.
Which would you choose?
Talking with Family/Friends
. . .which runs out . . .wears out . . . is unavailable at times — OR —
The Peace of God – your constant Helper, Companion, and Guide?
PRACTICE THE 5 WAYS TO EXPERIENCE THE PEACE OF GOD
KNOW GOD IS NEAR
PRAY & ASK
The Peace of God is greater far than the peace the world gives.
Written By: Anne Gurley