Two times scripture records God’s verbal declaration Jesus was His beloved Son. The first time was when Jesus came up out of the baptismal waters. God spoke from Heaven and said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17, Mark 1:11, Luke 3:22) The second time was on the Mount of Transfiguration. God spoke from Heaven saying, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.” (Matthew 17:5, Mark 9:7, Luke 9:35)
Both of these experiences were powerful. However, they did not declare with power Jesus was the Son of God. Romans 1:4 tells us that it was the resurrection of Jesus which declared with power Jesus was the Son of God.
It is the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead that gives a living hope for all who trust Jesus as their Savior. The same power that raised Christ Jesus from the dead raises us out of our sins to live in newness of life with Christ. (Romans 6:4, 8:11)
God’s whole plan was to declare to the world with power Jesus was the Son of God. That happened three days after Jesus died for the sins of the world. It happened early in the morning on the first day of the week before the women appeared at the tomb and heard the words, “He is not here, He is risen just as He said.” (Matthew 28:6)
Have you done the following in regards to this declaration with power?
- Heard Jesus is the Son of God. (John 11:25)
- Received Jesus as your personal Savior. . . with a changed mind and heart. (Acts 2:21)
- Been born again by the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. (John 3:3)
- Begun to walk in newness of life . . .thinking and doing things pleasing to God. (Galatians 5:16)
Romans 1 provides some mindsets to avoid to ensure you are joined to the Son of God who was declared to be so with power.
- They knew God but glorified Him not as God (Romans 1:21)
- They were unthankful (Romans 1:21)
- They did not like to retain God in their thinking (acknowledge God, approve of God, consider Him worth knowing) (Romans 1:28)
Have you experienced Jesus to be the Son of God with power in your life? Walk in the resurrection power of God every day by doing the opposite of those who did not please God. To ensure you please God and walk in this resurrection power Know God, Glorify God, be thankful, acknowledge God, approve of God, and consider God worth knowing. Then, you will experience the Son of God with power.
Written By: Anne Gurley