Galatians 6:7 says “Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.”
Proverbs 3:32-35 clearly explains the expectation of outcome for each person described.
Review the outcomes and ensure you line yourself up with the description and the kind of person you need to be in order to receive the outcome you desire.
2 Peter 3 says the following that helps confirm the necessity to make sure we are the right manner of person:
- Scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? (Jesus is coming back anytime now.)
- The heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. (God will judge the ungodly.)
- The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. (God wants all persons to change their mind and be the “person” who will experience intimacy, blessing, grace, and glory.)
- What sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God. (We should be persons who have manners that are upright, righteous, afflicted/humble, and wise.)
- Be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. (Be constant, attentive, and persistent to be the person God can pour out blessing upon.)
- There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. (Don’t consider the ways of God difficult and hard to understand which leads to your own destruction.)
- Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (Keep strengthening yourself in the knowledge of God and letting knowing God change you day by day.)
Your Source For Being The Person You Desire
It is God who is at work in you, both to desire and to work for His good pleasure. Do all things without complaining or arguments; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, holding firmly the word of life. Philippians 2:13-16